Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Totally Distracted

I am back from a wonderful (and illness free-yeah!) vacation. It's been a rough transition back. I had the kids all to myself the week before vacation (to insure my sick free stay) and then the whole week on vacation. I have a sort of kid hangover I suppose. It doesn't help that I am met with "the whole school has been sick" the first day back and that the client I support got bought out....but even still I am having a hard time getting all the synapses to fire. I wish there was a job out there that paid me to decorate, be with the kids, cook for my family and read blogs all day. I really need to try to refocus on the good old career search but my energy has been sucked into the cold and flu anxiety ridden season vortex instead. Ugg, I frustrate myself with this obsessive compulsive thinking. Why can't I obsess over watching reruns of Melrose Place or running or something as equally arbitrary as sickness. I would love to explore all of this in a past life hypnoses...I bet ya something horrific happened to me as a kid...or maybe it's the fact that I have yet to deal with my current life's tragedies. I've looked at six ways to Sunday and just can't seem to figure out why I get so tripped up. Is it the IUD? Is it the shift in hormones after back to back pregnancy and breastfeeding both for well over a year? I could go on for years...

Well anyway, I just started reading Eat, Pray, Love and I'm finding all sorts of passages to highlight. My favorite right now is " I will not harbour negative thoughts" ...that's it! I just came up with my new full time job, "I will not harbour negative thoughts." I wonder how much I'll earn? Seriously though, here is a list of the things I would like to do next-keep in mind that I am an IT recruiter with an English degree and need to pull my weight financially in our family, it's no wonder I am in a conundrum:)

1. Work on a horse farm
2. Be a postpartum Douala
3. Yoga instructor for kids
4. Writer
5. Decorator
6. Own my own errand running business
7. Live music coffee house owner
8. Wine and Cheese shop owner
9. Nursery designer
10. Photographer

Anyone else out there make a huge leap of faith? If so, would love to hear from you! My synapse's need a jump start!