Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A Life Transitioner

Funny thing happened this weekend while my mom and I were talking. I was telling her that I was thinking about a career as a Life Coach. I have a lot of professional interviewing experience and would love to help people define their career path. In my quest to do something different, I thought this idea du-jour fit nicely.

Some time passed and while driving by the train station, I saw a huge brick warehouse with a for rent sign. It happened to be right next to a halfway house. I pointed the warehouse out to my mom and asked her what she thought I could do with it. She says, "well, if you are a 'Life Transitioner', you would probably do well there." I thought that was pretty funny... she thinks that I belonged in the halfway house because my own life is in such transition. I gave her a pat on the back for a good joke told. No, no, no she says...I meant that you would do well at counseling in that halfway house...you know, as your new job as a "Life Transitioner." Mom, I said, it's a "Life Coach"...and it was funnier when I misunderstood you.