Friday, June 15, 2007

With my own two hands

My husband and I are huge Ben Harper fans..and it occurred to me this morning that his song would make a great title for my business! I love to create things...some being better than others. For instance I made some cute little tote bags last night in my sewing class. I have already gotten a ton of compliments on them and I made them less than 12 hours ago. I get such a great sense of myself through my "art." It gives me self esteem and gives me that unique individual thing that I strive for. It's interesting though...I always wonder if I try to be unique because I think Aquariuns are supposed to be unique or do I really want to be unique? I remember devouring those scroll horoscopes that you can buy at the cash register of any drug store. I thought it held the keys to my monthly path. I think I was in the 5th or 6th grade when I started reading them and took them for Gospel. I probably even made decisions based on that particular days forecast...I wonder if I altered my life because of those choices? I think about stuff like that all the time. If I hadn't dropped my bagel on the floor and hadn't cleaned it up and had to make another one and then got in the car and made it to my destination safely...would the outcome of safe arrival at said destination be any different if I hadn't dropped the bagel? I think I am fairly superstitious like that too. I used to think that if I ripped off x amount of toilet paper sheets then a certain boy would call. If I happened to rip them, well..then...I guess I sealed my fate. Deep.

Anyway, back to my business plan. How great would it be to make a living as an artist and be successful at it? I think that is Nirvana.